REMEMBER the four rules of gun safety:
- All guns are always loaded.
- Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
TFB Field Strip: UZI
1. Remove the magazine. Pull back the bolt with the cocking knob on the top cover and visually inspect the chamber and bolt face for cartridges.
4. Remove the striker assembly from bolt, but leave striker spring attached
5. Depress the barrel nut retaining latch.
6. Unscrew the barrel retaining nut and pull out the barrel.
8. Reassemble in reverse order. Your Uzi is now ready to star in an 80’s action movie or take part in Operation Wolf.
Note: these are steps for a basic field strip/cleaning. For detailed cleaning, the trigger and grip module can be removed and disassembled, as well as the extractor assembly from the bolt